About the MFR


The Metaline Falls Railroad (MFR) is a proto-freelanced model railroad based on the Pend Oreille Valley Railroad located in northern Idaho and north eastern Washington State. For the very latest on the layout, please visit my YouTube channel and follow along with my Instagram account and Facebook Group.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Enough HO scale pine trees to put me away for 30 years.

So here is a funny story...

I've been having issues with my sewer line recently, so I called out a local plumbing service to clear it out.  My wife who is usually nervous to have strangers in the home asked that I stay there to deal with the guys when they came out.  I apologized and explained that I needed to be at work today which did not make her too happy.

A couple of younger guys came out to my house and set to work in the basement.  While my wife was down there with them showing them the issue, one of them saw my workbench and saw the large number of scale pine trees that I had laid out to work on.

"Whoa!  Is this pot?!"  He excitedly asked as his sniffed the little model tree.

My wife turned to him and said.  "You are surrounded by model trains right now. What do you think?"

He seemed confused.

"No."  she said rolling her eyes. "That's an HO scale pine tree. Not pot."

He still seemed confused... and also disappointed.

Thankfully he wasn't both confused and outraged, because I bet I had a kilo of HO scale pine trees laid out on that work bench.  That's enough to put me away for 30 years at least!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, funny story for sure...did they do a good job though at least?

    ReplyDelete