About the MFR


The Metaline Falls Railroad (MFR) is a proto-freelanced model railroad based on the Pend Oreille Valley Railroad located in northern Idaho and north eastern Washington State. For the very latest on the layout, please visit my YouTube channel and follow along with my Instagram account and Facebook Group.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Shedding a Light on Operations

I've been fascinated for a while now at how layout owners and operators handle large ops sessions requiring many people to work together to simulate a days worth real-world operations.  I'll admit it's a part of the hobby that remains largely beyond my understanding. (Though I'd love to take part in a large ops session one day) That said, watching nearly two hours worth of operations unfold on Mike Confalone's Allagash Railway does a lot to shed light on how a well designed operation session unfolds.  Here is a link to a free preview of the video.

If this captures your interest, I highly recommend you subscribe to Trainmasters.tv. It's full of fun videos like this and the production is outstanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment