About the MFR


The Metaline Falls Railroad (MFR) is a proto-freelanced model railroad based on the Pend Oreille Valley Railroad located in northern Idaho and north eastern Washington State. For the very latest on the layout, please visit my YouTube channel and follow along with my Instagram account and Facebook Group.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Track Plan #1

Well gang, I've been doing a lot of playing around with track designs recently. I've been looking for a design that really fulfills all my needs. I came up with the following design as a way to take everything I wanted in a layout and pack it into as small a space as possible. Ultimately I think the sidings are a bit too short for my liking and so I will need another pass at this design, but I thought this (admittedly unfinished) illustration was worth sharing.


One interesting note is that this plan includes a nice, scenic area devoid of structures or complicated track work. It fits the locale I am modeling nicely and is something I will be looking to include in future track plans. More changes and second guesses are sure to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment